Fostering an inclusive and respectful environment within all activities of ParAqua. Moderating ParAqua is not so much about what we work on–content–but how we work together.
How do moderators fulfil their role?
- Supporting the Action to promote inclusiveness:
- Develop guidelines on how to get people from various axes of diversity involved in and committed to Action meetings. Diversity includes, but is not limited to gender, career stage, geographic origin, and academic/business background.
- Being involved in meetings and ensuring getting all voices are heard.
- Taking care of the process, so that WG and Action leaders can focus on content.
- Promoting respectful communication:
- Write and share the Code of Conduct with “Ways of Well-Being”.
- Set up an overview of core values shared by everyone in the Action.
- Develop guidelines on working culture and ethics.
- Train leaders and participants to engage with each other in a respectful way.
- Ensuring the integration of social activities in all Action meetings:
- Organize interactive and fun sessions during Action meetings to get to know each other.
Find the other Working Groups
WG1 Occurrence and early detection of zoosporic parasites. Harmonised and standardised methods, protocols and tools are key to achieving a robust and comprehensive overview of...
WG2 Drivers underlying the dynamic of zoosporic diseases. Although zoosporic parasite infections are common and widespread, relatively little is known about environmental drivers of their...
WG3 Control strategies and valorisation of research for application. In light of the biodiversity crisis and exhausted natural resources, it is pivotal to translate ecological...
WG4 Outreach and dissemination of end-user tools, materials and products. To ensure maximal utilisation of the products and knowledge within the Action and among ParaAqua...
The role of Grant Awarding Committee is to take care of smooth functioning of ParAqua Grant Awarding system. This includes preparing and opening grant calls,...
Science Communication Committee supports WG4 activities, and is responsible for dissemination and promotion of the ParAqua network and activities, including the development and maintenance of...